Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's 5:21 in the am, so I think I will post.Another day of Booking Weddings, making commercial spots, and Web Designing. Pretty much just doing what I do for money. I have, however, been at it all day and all night until now. It is way past time to take a break. Scarface is on AMC for about the 12,000th time. The family is sleeping and I am in the home office. It is a blessing when I can work from home. I wonder how many others here do most of their business from home. I do have to go out and meet clients from time to time. Of course, I do get to leave the homestead when I am off "rockin' the mic" at yet another party. I definitely don't mind leaving the house for that. People smiling, people dancing and having fun. This is due, in no small part to me on the digital wheels of steel. I just got another satisfaction survey from a satisfied bride from last weekend. That is the best way that I can judge my performance. I am so hard on myself. People often tell me that I am the greatest Disc Jockey - Master of Ceremonies that they have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I do like that a lot. I try to give a great show. I strive to be better than I am. I never want to hear that the "DJ Sucked." Is all of this worrying the reason that I don't sleep much? Could be. I don't see myself changing anytime soon. I have people counting on me. I have performers that I agent for. They need jobs too. If you ever want to work harder than you ever did, and make less than you ever have, start your own business. If I were to calculate the hours that I work against the weekly "Cha-Ching," I would laugh. I try to let the accountant worry about such things. Well, since I don't want to rest so much that I make more that the minimum hourly wage, I will go back to work. Stay cool.
www.KeysDAN.com

No comments: