Monday, October 16, 2006

Had a wonderful weekend. It was an honor and priveledge to be the DJ/MC at the Crissey wedding last Saturday at the Miami Beach Rod & Reel Club. It is a beautiful room. The ceremony was just outside on the dock. Alison Rene was the harpist. She was most excellent. Towards the end of the ceremony and cocktails, it started to rain. So the folks came in to the ballroom where I was already set up and waiting for the happy people to show. Chef Ray prepared a wonderful meal. After dinner and the formalities were over--cake cutting, boquet tossing, and garter belt tossing-the folks were ready to dance. After a few drinks the people were ready for a heaping helping of "jiggy." So, with the suggestion of latino music and hip hop, I gave the people what they wanted. The people danced and danced.
I called Cedrick the steel drumer who was running the Lenninger wedding for me to see how things went. He said that they would get off of the dance floor. I love it when a plan comes together.
Today's KeysDAN Radio Show on 9412 - The Rock Station went really well, I thought. I started out playing songs with girl's names in them. The response for requests for these types of songs was good. Then they veered off of that theme, which was ok by me. Good music is good music. I like to play for the people.
Until next time,
www.KeysDAN.com

No comments: