Sunday, May 20, 2007

2007-05-13 Tom & Debbie Wedding - Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort, Key Largo, Florida Keys
An Irish Boy, An Italian Girl, and a Hawaiian Luau Theme. I love originality! Tom & Debbie were looking for unforgettable and they got it. The day was a bit overcast in Key Largo, but that was OK. It made the afternoon cooler for the wedding guests. The wedding was scheduled for sunset, I got there an hour earlier to set up the sound system upstairs at Gus' Grille. I then set up the second sound system for the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. The ceremony was presided over by the world famous Captain Spencer Slate of Slate's Dive Center. He was humorous as usual. The cocktail hour was next. So the guests and I moved over to under Gus' Grille. I played some Hawaiian and island tunes. I caught quite a few of the folks laughing and singing along. Dinner was next, so we moved back over to the beach area that was set up for dinner. The bride and groom had their first dance. The bride and father and groom and mother parent dances were next. The best man made his toast and Uncle Ray made the blessing before dinner. They were both very touching. Dinner was served by the Marriott staff in buffett form. I invited the tables up in orderly fashion. The Tom & Debbie wanted to continue with the luau theme, so I played some of the lighter hawaiian hits. As soon as I saw the last person finish their meal. I invited the folks to join me upstairs for a dance party. The people were ready to shake it. So I got them moving. The Irish Groom and the Italian Bride wanted to have their respective cultures represented. I played The Tarantella for her side and some Irish drinking songs for his side. After that, the fine blend of 80's tunes, disco, 60's and hip hop brought the families together on the dance floor. Tom & Debbie are off to a great start. I was so happy to be a part of it. The pics that I took are here: http://www.keysdan.com/2007-05-13_Tom_Debbie_Wedding.htm

Public Service Message: Eat your vegetables.

No comments: