Monday, May 07, 2007

2007-04-27 American Cancer Society - Relay for Life Founder's Park, Islamorada, Florida Keys

Digging deep and giving big is nothing new for the people of the Florida Keys and South Florida. I am so proud of my neighbors for coming out and showing support for the American Cancer Society - Relay for Life. I arrived at 4 pm to find Billy Bob, the sound man, already hard at work setting up the stage and sound There were so many vendors that were on hand to provide various services to feed and entertain the attendees. There was a feeling of love in the air and a great warmth for the folks living with cancer. The event was to start promptly at 6 pm. I was in a Master of Ceremonies and Music Interlude capacity. Sharing the stage with Yours Truly were the soothing sounds of Micah Gardner's Califloridian sound. He was joined by Sun 103.1's "Big Daddy" Joe Markum. We had a special return engagement of the young and lovely Jennifer Ray. It was great to have hillbilly flamenco local favorite Dave Feder and his protege, the young Nyan Feder playing so sweetly. At 9 pm, there was a beautiful candlelight ceremony. It was very uplifting. Due to previous engagements, I couldn't stay for the whole night this year. I left at just past midight. It was so nice to be a part of this great event. I look forward to next year. I have the pics that I posted here: http://www.keysdan.com/2007-04-27_American_Cancer_Society.htm

Public Service Message: Please give to http://www.cancer.org/docroot/par/content/PAR_1_Relay_For_Life.asp.

No comments: