Monday, February 19, 2007

2007-02-17 Michael & Jennifer Wedding at a Private Residence in Key Largo, Florida Keys

Today was the big day for Michael and Jennifer and it was such a nice evening for a beach wedding. There was a bit of a cold front that came in but that wasn't going to put a damper on anyone's fun. I got there to set up the music an hour early as usual and many of the guests were already there. So I set up quickly and got some great old love songs on to set the mood. The wedding planner from Busy Brides met up with me and we made sure that we were on the same page. I set up a microphone for the ceremony and the officiant, Vince, made a short sound check. All was going well. The caterer got with me and let me know that dinner would be ready around 7:30. That was plenty of time. The ceremony was to start at 5 pm. I called the guests over to the ceremony area at 5:45 pm. The ceremony was beautiful and went off without a hitch. The bride didn't want the traditional music played for her procession and recessiom. She picked out an instrumental cover of Van Morrison's "Sweet Thing" from the "Into the Mystic" album. For the recession, Johnny Cash's "Walk the Line." It was very special. The guest were then invited by me to a cocktail hour while the bridal party got pictures taken in front of what was left of the sunset. I played some steel drum and island for the folks. The bridal party lined up around 7:15 and I announced them. the family and friends were great with their clapping and whistling and hollering. The first dance of the bride and groom as husband and wife was another Van Morrison tune, "Into the Mystic." The father-daughter dance was Jimmy Buffet's "Little Miss Magic." The guest were ready for dinner after that and Bob's B-B-Q had prepared a great meal of lobster, fish, and other goodies. After dinner, the best man and made of honor made toasts to the happy couple. Then I took them though the cake cutting, bouquet toss and garter belt toss. Then the real party could start. It was time to turn the folks out. The beach in front of the DJ table was turned into a dance floor. The music choices were everything from disco to country to rock to hip hop. The guests were dancing and laughing and keeping each other warm. The reception was awesome! Michael and Jennifer are off to a great start on their life together. I will post the many pictures that I took at http://www.keysdan.com/ this week.

Public Service Message: Wait 1/2 hour after eating before swimming.

No comments: