Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2007-02-03 Jeremy & Kimberly Renaissance Wedding at the Spanish Monastery - North Miami Beach, Florida
Fantasy and reality came together on this very special day. I had the priviledge of entertaining on this occasion. Jerermy & Kimberly went all out for their nuptual celebration. I was also very proud of the many guests that got into the theme of the day by coming in either renaissance or midevil garb. The groom and groomsmen were all a splendor in their kilts. The bride and the bridesmaids were stunning in their wench wear. The bride was especially lovely. Yours truly, KeysDAN, was also sporting a kilt for my master of ceremonies and disc jockey duties. I got there at about 2 pm and I was assisted by mixmaster Tim DeMattio. He was decked out in a jacobite shirt and looking the part. The staff of egg whites catering was already busy setting up the food stuffs. The wedding planner, Yuri, was also taking care of the last minute details. I was instructed to set up the sound and video projection in the open courtyard of the monastery. I put on some bagpipe music until the three live pipers were ready to begin. The ceremony was scheduled to start at around 4 pm. The bridal party went into the main chapel followed by the pipers and last, but by no means least, Kimberly, the blushing bride. After the ceremony, the cocktail hour began in the outside yard. There was a four piece renaissance band playing and a court jester on stilts and juggling. They were great. Rain threatened to ruin the outdoor activities, so "plan b" had to take effect. Tim and I moved the audio & video under cover in record time. The festivities were on again. I did the announcements and first dances. The toasts and speeches were done. Dinner was served. I played some of the lighter rock tunes that the bride and groom requested. After dinner, I took the happy couple through the cake cutting, bouquet tossing and garter belt traditions. Then it was time to dance, dance, DANCE. The people came to boogie. Jeremy and Kimberly had a wide variety of tunes to choose from. I started with the disco then moved in to the hard rock. Then, it was country time. The party people were dancing and they wanted more. I had several requests for some of the new hip hop. So I opened a fresh can of "bump-n-grind." The kids were digging it. Meanwhile, there was a gentleman reading runestones behind the DJ booth. I was told that the trolley busses were leaving and the party was finishing. The folks said, and I agree, that the party ended "too early." I could have gone all night with these nice people. I felt a lot of love. I also was happy to hear all of the compliments thrown my way. That makes me feel really good. I am very happy for Jeremy and Kilixzimberly. They are off to a great start on their life together. I look forward to playing for them again. The pictures that I took are posted at www.KeysDAN.com.


Public service message: Read and abide by the warning labels.

No comments: