Sunday, December 10, 2006

Two days, two weddings, one place...
That's right folks. I spent the last two days doing what I like to do best for work: Entertaining. This weekend KeysDAN had three weddings. DJ Sky was at the Cheeca for Dave and Heather's Wedding. He said that his went well.
I can write first-hand about the two wedding that I did at the Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort. Friday night it was my great pleasure to play DJ/MC at the wedding of Heath & Deanna. It was a cool and windy evening. It looked like it might rain. As usual in the Florida Keys, the rain stayed at bay. The wedding ceremony was presided over by Gerald F Radson from Ft Lauderdale. He was very funny. The music for the ceremony and cocktails was provided by KeysDAN's very own Caribbean Passion steel drum duo. They are very good indeed. After cocktails the wedding party guests made their way to the second floor of Gus' Grille at the Marriott. I was already set up there and was playing some nice easy love songs. I made the bridal party introductions. The first dance of the bride and groom and of the bride and her father were done. The speeches were very nice. I continued to play easy love songs for the dinner portion of the reception. After dinner we had a fun cake cutting, bouquet toss, and garter belt toss. For dancing, Heath and Deanna asked for a mixture of Jimmy Buffet, 80's tunes, and Hip Hop. So I gave the people what they wanted. They danced a lot. I will post the pics that I took of them in the next week at http://www.keysdan.com/.
Last night, I was at the Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort again with another fine group of folks. This time it was to honor the marriage of Robert & Alison. The ceremony was beautiful. I got there more than two hours early so I could see the ceremony. (I love weddings!) It was a beautiful ceremony with a string duo providing the music. They were good. I will have them on my website soon. I was all set up by the time the good people were ready to come up to the second floor of Gus' Grille. They wanted a mixture of brazillian, swing and easy rock music for dinner. Of course, that is what I played. The bridal party was introduced as they walked in. They had their first dance. The father of the bride, Roger, gave a nice long speach, thanking everyone that he knew at the reception. That was nice. I like it when everyone at the party feels like they are a part of the reception, and not just the bridal party. I went around myself to every table and made sure that everyone was doing well. After dinner, they had a fun cake cutting but they dispensed with the formalities of bouquet and garter belt tossing. We got into a fine blend of disco, swing, 80's, and hip hop. The people danced and laughed. I have pictures that will be posted this week on http://www.keysdan.com/.
I do like being a DJ. Looking forward to the next week.
Call on me anytime.
http://www.keysdan.com/

No comments: