Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunday, January 14th, 2006 wedding...
Today we celebrated the union of David and Heather. They were at the beautiful Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort. The ceremony was presided over by Frank Henry. David and heather wanted a classical start to their big day, so I played some of the classical tunes that are the most popular so everyone would get in the mood. The ceremony was beautiful as was the day. The weather could not have been much nicer. After the ceremony, I invited the folks to join me under Gus' Grille for the cocktails while the bridal party got their pictures taken by Frank Panaro Photography (http://www.frankpanarophotography.com/.) I played some jazz favorites and light love songs for the folks to groove to whilest they mingles and partook of the beverages and snacks. After cocktails, I invited the guests upstairs to Gus' Grille's banquet room where the dinner and dancing was to take place. I announced the bridal party, had the first dances and the best man, Jimmy made the toast. Then dinner was served by the Marriott staff. I played the love songs and gradually picked up the tempo as the folks finished their dinners and were ready to dance. One last formality of cake cutting and then it was time to boogie. The bride and groom picked out a few tunes that they wanted to hear. The rest they left up to yours truly. I played disco, 80s, country, pop, hip hop, rap and, of course, threw in a few slow songs. The people were dancing and sweating and having a great time. I love it when I can help get a couple off to a great start. The staff of the Marriott was excellent as usual.My camera stopped working after the ceremony, so I don't know when I will get the pictures up on http://www.keysdan.com/. I hope soon. They were a great bunch. I was happy to be a part of it. All the best to David and Heather.

Public Service Message: Too much TV can rot your brain.

No comments: