Monday, January 01, 2007

Sunday December 31st, 2006
This was the day for the Big New Year's Day Gala at the Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort in Key Largo in the Florida Keys. I got there two hours early at 6pm to make sure that the entertainment for the show was set up properly.The fine staff at the Marriott were happy to see me and I was happy to see them as well. The staff wanted the best for the guests of the grand ballroom event. in addition to the professional sound system, they wanted a light show and video projection. I put together a "2006: Year in Pictures" presentation together just a few days before the show so that it would be current. I got a lot of great comments on it. The drinks, the food, the people were all great. Everyone looked wonderful at this end of the year fiesta. I played jazz favorites for the cocktail hour and dinner. After dinner, I invited the folks to get up and boogie to some of the best dance music ever. I started off with some disco, then switched up to the 80's, back to the 40's for some slow dancing, then up to the 60's. A fine scattering of country and some shag music request and the place was jumping. the dance floor was packed for most of the night. I even got a few tips from the patrons! that was so nice. I did a few time checks throughout the night to make sure that everyone's clocks were synchronized. That worked out very well when I annonced the strike of midight. All of the people were hugging and kissing and smiling and loving on each other. It was beautiful. Even your truly got a few kisses and hugs from the patrons and the staff! After midnight the folks went out to watch the fireworks and enjoy each other some more. I mixed up some good old rock and roll for the party people as they came back in for the finish. I am so glad that things went well. I always have a blast at the Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort.
I will post a few pictures at www.KeysDAN.com.
Public Service Message: Dance Like Noone is Watching.

No comments: