Tuesday, October 09, 2007

2007-09-22 South Florida Dance Reunion to Save Hialeah Park at 94th Aero Squadron in Miami, Florida
You weren't there? Well you missed a fantastic event. The Freestyle Greats were all in one intimate location. Hialeah Park is off to a great start to being saved from demolition. The freestyle fans came from all over South Florida to see the show. JC on the Radio MCed the affair. The breaks between bands was filled by DJ Otto and friends. I was in the support and photo taking capacity. It was an honor to be a part of it all. The performers were MC Breezy, Madeline Red, Connie, Ray Guell, and Secret Society. These were the artists that created the music that I grew up on. As a lad, I was into breakdancing. It was a trip down memory lane for me to be on the same stage with my heroes. It isn't often that I get star struck. I was giddy! The pics that I took are here: http://www.keysdan.com/2007-09-22_South_Florida_Dance_Reunion.html

Public Service Message: Leave the breakdancing to the young people. You could hurt yourself.

No comments: