Tuesday, March 20, 2007

2007-03-17 Miguel & Sheryl Wedding at the Palms Hotel - South Beach, Miami, Florida

You have to love a Latin-American Party. Today happened to St Patrick's Day and Spring Break was going on strong. Traffic was a bear on South Beach. I got to the Palms and set up very quickly and the wedding of Miguel and Sheryl was under way. The bride and groom looked beautiful and the guests looked great as well. The ceremony was presided over by Matthew Sparks. I met up with Danella from "Precious Memories of a Lifetime" Wedding planning." We have worked together many times before. I set up the larger sound system inside the Palms' banquet room for the reception. For the cocktail hour, I played some of the slower songs that the happy couple had requested from my online music request list. The folks looked wonderful while they had their drinks and coconut shrimp. After the cocktail hour was over, the guestwere invited into the banquet room for the dinner and fiesta. Danella brought me a last minute change on the line up and I announced the bridal party. The newly nuptual two then had their first dance to Kenny Chesney's "You and Me." The speeches were then made by the best man, maid of honor, and mothers of the bride and groom. They were very heartfelt with lots of tears. It was beautiful. The groom then danced with his mother to the song "Mama" by Boys II Men. For dinner music, Miguel and Sheryl requested some tropical island and lite reggage tunes. After dinner, I took the duo through the traditional cutting, bouquet and garter belt tossing. The groom had a lot of fun with his seductive dance before taking the garter off of his blushing bride. It was now time to get the folks dancing. Miguel likes the 80's, Sheryl likes hip hop, the family likes latino music, so I had my work cut out. I am always up to the challenge. The Party was hot. I was sad when it had to end. A lot of the party people came up to me and said that they wanted more. All things must come to an end. Congratulations to Miguel and Sheryl. Many happy years to come in wedded bliss. The pics that I took are here: 2007-03-17 Miguel & Sheryl Wedding at the Palms Hotel - South Beach, Miami, Florida

Public service message: Always obey posted speed limits.

No comments: