Thursday, March 15, 2007

2007-03-10 Craig & AJ Wedding at the Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort - Key Largo, Florida Keys

What a gorgeous day for a wedding! The winter day was warm and sunny in the Florida Keys. The guests looked so bright and colorful. They were also very tan. I could tell that they had been soaking up the rays all week. The steel drum band, Caribbean Passion, and myself, arrived at 4pm. The ceremony was scheduled for 5 pm so there was plenty of time to set up. I met with Garth and Paul (the event captains at the Key Largo Marriott) to make sure that we set up in the proper spot. I had the steel drummers set up under the tiki hut, as usual. They started up as the guests started to arrive. I met up with Donna McGlaughlin, the photographer, to make sure that we were where she wanted us for optimal photo opportunity. She is very good. We kept in touch throughout the evening so she wouldn't miss any of the great moments. Captain Slate performed the ceremony. He is so good. He adds just the right ammount of humor to keep people smiling throughout the whole ceremony. After the ceremony, I invited the guests to a cocktail hour under Gus' Grille. I helped Caribbean Passion move the drums over to the cocktail area. That took about 5 minutes and they were going again. The folks were smiling and drinking and eating. at 7pm, it was time to invite Craig and AJ's guests upstairs for dinner and dancing. I announced the wedding party and the happy couple had their first dance to "This Will Be An Everlasting Love" by Natalie Cole. They danced so sweetly. After that, Bill & Kim, the best man and maid of honor respectively, made their formal toasts to the bride and groom. The bride cried after Kim's speech. What a moment! I knew that dinner would be ready at 7:30pm, because I asked Garth earlier, so I asked that the guests please start for the buffett styled meal. It's great to be on time. After dinner, we had a few more formalities to take care of before the real dancing could begin. I led Craig and AJ through the cake cutting, bouquet and garter belt toss. That was a lot of fun, but not as fun as what was coming next. It was time to dance... and dance, they did. The couple of the night picked out an extensive list of disco, hip hop, r&b, country and ol' skool. Combined with the requests that the guests gave me through the night, it was a really good time. I am so happy for Craig and AJ. I wish them well in their lives together. I will post the pics that I took at http://www.keysdan.com/ soon.

Public Service Message: Don't drink and boat.

No comments: