Tuesday, January 30, 2007

2007-01-27 Ted & Amy Wedding at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden - Coral Gables, Florida

This the place to be to catch the nuptuals. It was a beautiful evening and into the night. The night was perfectly sandwhiched between two cold fronts. The landscape at the Fairchild was lovely. If you haven't been, and you have the means, I suggest that you go and check it out. The plant and animal life there is very serene. It has a calming effect. The ceremony was scheduled for 5:15 pm so I got there at three to set up the sound for the entertainment. I set up the big system in the garden house, where the main dinner and reception party would be. There I met the staff of Aaron Catering already working to get the place gussied up for the BIG event. After setting up the main event, I made my way down to the grand garden that was to be the setting for the ceremony. It could not have been a prettier locale. I set my smaller system--perfect for ceremonies and cocktails--off to the side so as not to be too obtrusive. I met the officiant Lisa, who happened to be a family friend. She was very nice. The next person that I was fortunate to meet was the bride's sister, Sherry, who was to sing three songs during the ceremony. She gave me her music CDs with about 45 minutes to go to the ceremony. We did a short sound check to make sure that we were up to par. After achieving satisfaction, I threw on some classical tunes and waited for the guests to arrive. Everyone looked wonderful: The guests, the bridal party and especially the bride and groom. There were quite a few in the bridal party and in attendance. I could tell right away that this couple was loved by many. When the ceremony was done, I invited everyone to join me just outside the Garden House fro a cocktail hour. I played some upbeat jazz, as requested. Then it was time to get indoors for dinner and dancing. In lieu of a cake, Ted & Amy had a large chocalate fountain that was a hit. If you don't like cake, you might give this a try. The newlyweds asked for a mix of disco, 80's, rock, funk, country and freestyle. So I mixed it up for them and threw in a few requests to boot. The folks were dancing and smiling and having fun. There were quite a few youngsters in the crowd, so I whipped a few glowsticks out to keep them happy. They were a hit. I love it when I get the "thumbs up" from people in the middle of the crowd. It felt good to get Ted & Amy off to a good start. I was glad to be a part of it. The pics should be up at www.KeysDAN.com in just a little bit.


Public Service Message: Water your plants or they will die.

No comments: